About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Path of Least Resistance

I like to do things correctly. I also like to do them the most efficient way. I call this the path of least resistance. It is doing something right, but doing it with the least amount of effort. This does not mean I cut corners, it means that I have found a methodical system to do the task. When I first started my job, many years ago, I was shocked to see that things were done in a random way that made no sense. I asked my boss if the office had been run by wolves. A thinking human being could never have let things go like this. It was a daunting task and it took six months, but I got things in order, created a system for every job, and let things flow from there. Sometimes when my boss walks into the office, it seems like we are doing nothing. I tell her that it takes a lot of hard work to look like you have nothing to do . She laughs, because she know that everything is done, and done the right way. In my opinion, having piles of paper on your desk does not mean you are busy, it means you are inefficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment