About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Super Committee

It seems that the United States has been demoted on its rating, in the Global Economy. The world says we are no longer AAA rated. Obama says that he doesn't care what they say, we are still AAA rated. He is one step short of sticking his fingers in his ears and chanting "I'm not listening, I'm not listening". Our lawmakers have been turning a blind eye to our economic situation for so long, they cannot see reality. So now it has been decided that we are going to form a Super Committee to look into the problem. The committee will be compiled of all of the lawmakers that have put us into this mess. They will get a new title but hopefully not a salary increase. They will meet, convene, ponder, debate and end up doing nothing, as usual. I think that this Super Committee needs to be comprised of "regular" people. The ones whose daily life is filled with uncertainty. The ones who go to the supermarket and buy their weekly groceries according to what is on sale. I do not think that many Senators wives wait for the weekly Waldbaum's circular to see if Snapple $5.99 for a 12 pack. Our declining economy is not a joke. If I do not have 5 weeks vacation, why should Congress. Especially when they have not tied up loose ends. Our governments spending is out of control, but I guess that is hard to see from Capital Hill. The Beatles were right. "The fool on the Hill sees the sun going down and the eyes in his head see the world spinning round".

No comments:

Post a Comment