About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Leader of the Pack

Every family has one. The leader of the pack. The Alpha Dog. The person that sets the tone of the group and leads the way. I was discussing this concept the other day with some friends. They were telling me that they got a dog from the shelter and were in the process of training him. The dynamic of the family was different for the dog than it was for the rest of them. The leader of the pack for the family was not the leader of the pack for the dog. I realized that it was the same for my family. I never noticed that my dog behaves differently to each family member. Dogs get the vibe of how to behave around someone in, regards to what is permissible and what is not. Just like humans. We are passively trained and do not even realize it. While my dog is feisty and overly playful with the rest of the family, he is respectful and calm with my daughter-in-law. He will sit by her side being totally obedient. He knows not to go near her food or bother her when she is not paying attention to him. She is the quietest member of the family but commands the most respect from him. A dog has only one "master" and she is his.

No comments:

Post a Comment