About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Size Me Up

When I was young, I worked in the Garment Center in New York City. The company I worked for sold material to clothing manufacturers. Since then, the Garment Center has changed, but the way clothes are sized has not. I always found that the more expensive clothing manufacturers use a small sizing scale, while the moderately priced manufacturers use one that contours to an average womans' body. I am a size 6/8. If I bought a Chanel suit, I would probably be a size 2. If I bought a pair of jeans from Walmart, I would be a size 8, for sure. I think that the high fashion clothing houses are playing a mind game with women. What could be more flattering than saying you are a size 1. Some women would keep purchasing from that designer, just to have the same thrill of trying on a size 1. The one thing that I totally do not understand, is how can someone be a size 0. No joking, a size 0. Wouldn't that mean that you are invisible. Zero equals nothing. Non-existent. And women fall for this. If someone actually believes that they wear a size 0, it also shows me the amount of brains in their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment