About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Friends With Benefits

This summer a new movie premiered. It is about friends with benefits. Friends that can have a dual relationship that includes friendship and sex. This story line has been done many times before but it is always cute. I am over fifty. I have friends with benefits. But in my case I am speaking about healthcare. My friends with benefits are comparing Blue Cross Blue Shield to Aetna and Cigna. Which plan has a lower copay. Who has a lower prescription deductible. Is anyone in the doughnut hole? Some are even debating which Medicare Part D Plan they will enroll in, when the time comes. I know of one woman who was dating a man and wasn't sure if she wanted to commit herself to marriage. The deciding vote was his benefits. Too good to pass up. Even if he turned out to be a so so husband, his healthcare plan would make up for it. It's funny how with age, the meaning of your vocabulary changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment