About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Counting On It

Evens are easier. Odds are harder. I realized that the other day on the checkout line. The person ahead of me had the nerve to use cash. Not only did he pay in cash, but he threw a $50 bill into the mix. I knew it was downhill from there. The cashier was a college student and seemed bright enough, but that 50 really threw him off. He could not count in odd numbers. First he counted 20, 40 , 60 ....and then he saw the 50. So unexpected. What was he to do . He started counting again. This time he was bold. He started with the 50, but after counting 50, 70....... it got to be too much. His next plan of action was to separate the evens from the odds and then add the sums together. Hmm... this might work. Four twenty's equals eighty. Eighty plus fifty (long pause) one hundred and thirty. He got it. Finally. I almost said, "good job". I held myself back. He breathed a sigh of relief when I paid with Visa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment