About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's the Big One, Elizabeth

Fred Sanford used to say "it's the big one, Elizabeth". We are gearing up for what might be the big one. He was referring to a heart attack. I am referring to a hurricane. Since yesterday, most people have been wandering around like a scene out of "Night of the Living Dead". The mantra that is being repeated is "C's or D's"? We have been reduced to a civilization of battery seekers. I felt ashamed when I terrorized the ladies in the dollar store yesterday. I made them reserve 4 packs of the coveted C batteries, when the shipment would arrive, within the hour. I prepaid and told them I was prepared to forfeit the money if the shipment never got there. Just like a drug deal, when the batteries arrived, I was called and I hovered at the side of the counter while the women whispered that the batteries were in the bag behind the counter. I had become a battery bully. I rationalized that I was providing for my family.That made it OK. Only time will tell if the storm will be a devastating one. Until then, I have done my laundry, hard boiled eggs, made a tub of mac and cheese and popped popcorn. I hope my Girl Scout training serves me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment