About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Frooty Balloons

When I was in college, one of my good friends became acquainted with a girl she met in her class. She was a very nice girl but her command of the English language was appalling. I was never quite sure if she had a hearing problem or if her brain just juggled the sounds around and that is why she heard things her own way. Dyslexia of the ears. She did not have many friends. If you were alone with her you could take the time to listen and decode what she was talking about. But in a crowd, it was embarrassing. People stared at her as if to say "what the heck are you talking about". Most people just gave up on her. Thirty five years later I still laugh when I see a Fruit of the Loom underwear commercial. All I can think of it that sweet girl telling me that she bought her little brother Frooty Balloons for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment