About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurri-Came?

I woke up this morning expecting to see devastation. I expected to have no lights and a yard filled with tree branches. Although the storm is not yet over, the impact is not as severe as everyone had thought. At least in my neighborhood. I am usually not a TV watcher but I have been glued to the weather channel. Watching the same graphics replay every ten minutes. For some reason it is riveting and I cannot pull myself away. I put earplugs in my ears last night because I did not want to heard the wind. I wanted to sleep through the storm. And I did. I was expecting this to be a pioneer type family day.  A day that we would have no electronic devices to focus on. A day where we would sit in the same room and just talk. Or maybe be like a family in the 1950's and play games. Interact. I guess it was not meant to be. Maybe we didn't have that much to say, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment