About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Texting Etiquette

A funny thing just happened to me. As I was sitting here writing this blog. I received a text message. I never text anyone and my contact list can be counted on one hand. Minus 2 fingers. The text came through from a number that is not on my contact list. I thought I recognized it as being one of my receptionists, only because I had called her last week. But I was not 100% sure. The text asked if I was okay after the hurricane. I stared at the phone uncertain of what to do . Do I text an answer to someone I do not know, and might have texted me in error, or do I text back "who are you" and hurt her feelings. That would come across as if she bothered me by sending me a text. I took the kinder route and texted back that I was fine and asked" how R U". I love abbreviations, as I have the old type of phone where I have to hit the key 4 times to have the letter S appear. By the time I actually send a text, it is mostly misspelled and has taken 4 minutes just to say hello.  I never realized that now along with every other issue in life, I have added texting etiquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment