About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Furry Little Friend

I was never a "dog person". I grew up in a home where the only pets we had were fish and birds. I never understood the love that people felt for their animals. How could you love something that was not human. One day I decided I needed a puppy. Not wanted ....needed. A cute little furry object. Maybe it was seeing all of those tiny dogs being toted around in designer pocketbooks. I went to the pet shop and ordered a puppy. It had to be a small breed and blond. Just like me. We waited 2 months for him to be weaned and shipped from Minnesota. The minute I laid eyes on him, I understood why people felt as they did. He has become a valued member of our family. I get up in the morning and can't wait to see his big brown eyes look up at me. I know when I come home from work he is patiently waiting to be played with. It has been three years since we adopted our "baby". He is one of the family and brings light, warmth and love to us. Getting him was one of the best decisions I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment