About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Apple Tree

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I have always told my children, in a joke, that when they grow up and sit on the psychiatrists' couch, they can thank me for putting them there. Most of my day is spent interviewing parents who want their children to come to my clinic. After five minutes, I can usually understand who was responsible for making their child need psychiatric help. Some parents repeat the same story over and over again, just before they mention that they think their child has OCD. Others yell at me when I cannot squeeze them in to see the doctor. Ironically, their child is the one with anger issues. Everyone's child is gifted. Everyone's child is well adjusted. After some conversations, I wish I could remove the child from his home. Instead of therapy, they need a change of atmosphere. You are what you are taught. You follow the patterns you grow up with. Maybe one day, the cycle can be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment