About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Old Dog

They say that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I disagree. You are never too old to learn something new. If animals can do it, so can humans. I observe life. In all forms. I noticed something about my dog's intelligence, this week. My neighbor is "dog sitting" their daughters Labrador retriever. He is an unusually large dog and he is mean. For the last few days, every time I walk my dog, in my yard, the other dog comes racing towards us. So fast that he kicks up dust. My dog may be small, but he is no pushover. He defends his turf and barks back as if he is equal size. This morning as I took him out for his walk, he stopped just as we got out of the door. He looked left. He looked right. He even looked around the bend. Cautious. He was thinking ahead because he knew what to expect. This 16 pound puppy learned something new. He learned self preservation. Good for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment