About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Life Writes Itself

Many people ask me how I can write this blog every day. How do I have something to say. Where do I get my topics. I answer them this way. Life writes itself. If you live it, you can write it. Since I started writing, I have become more aware of my surroundings. I see a different perspective on things. If something bothers me, I vent through this blog. I carry a pad and paper with me and each time I see something that I could turn into a blog, I jot it down. I feel like I have become a story teller, sharing my views and insights with friends, family and strangers. Someone once told me that I need to punctuate more and asked me why most of my questions have no question marks.I told them that this is my writing style. My questions are rhetorical. Imagine that... I actually have a writing style. Writing has changed me. It has brought out my sense of humor and made me call upon a vocabulary that had been hibernating for years. I was becoming complacent and writing stirred things up a bit. Writing through Shelby is liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment