About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Wave

I do not ask for much in life but there are certain gestures that I think are required. One of them is "The Wave". I try to be a considerate driver. If I see someone trying to merge into my lane or pull out from a driveway, I always yield the right of way. I know the feeling of sitting in line and no one letting you in. But there is only one catch. When I let you in, after a dozen people have shut you out, I expect an acknowledgement. One simple gesture that I have named "The Wave". I am not asking for much. Just a small lift of your hand. You don't even have to move it back or forth. But you have to give me something. Your way of saying thanks for letting me in after other people wouldn't budge an inch. I deserve that much. When I get the wave, I always wave back, as if to say "you are welcome". When I do not get my wave, I become annoyed. It shows me that you are the kind of person that expects something for nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment