About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Being Defensive

Every three years, for the past 18 years, I have taken a Defensive Driving course. I do this in order to get a reduction on my car insurance. When I first started going for the course, I took it in a driving school. The teacher focused on speeding and drunk driving. A few years later, I took it in a community college. The teacher focused on tailgating and sudden lane changes. This year I took the AARP course, for people over 50 years old. This time the teacher was barely focusing. When he recouped his train of thought, he went over how to drive with impaired vision, impaired hearing and stiff joints. We were taught stretching exercises and how to concentrate on being behind the wheel. I looked around and I think I was the youngest one there. It was a bit scary. Three years prior, when I took the AARP course, there was an accident, as two senior citizens pulled out of their parking spaces at the same time. This year we parked far, far away from any other car, just in case those people were taking the course with us again. Part two of the course is next week. I hope I can stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment