About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Working Hard

Today is Labor Day. It originally was a holiday to thank workers for all of their hard labor. Unfortunately, the unemployment rate is higher than ever. My only hope is that sometime in the near future America will turn the corner and start an upward spiral. This day marks the end of summer. Not in a seasonal way but in a work way. Teachers are gearing up to go back to their classrooms. They will start the countdown until next June when summer begins again. I am a regular worker. I have no countdown. I just go on and on and on. I do not get 10 weeks off. I am by no means jealous, but I wish they could step into my shoes as I go to work every day while they bask in the sunshine from the end of June until the beginning of September. Maybe then they would not feel that their labor was harder than mine. We all have our chosen professions. Each of them is hard in their own way. Maybe all of the teachers need to be taught a new lesson. Be glad you have a job. Be glad you get off weekends, holiday weeks and summers. There are many educated people that wish they were in your shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment