About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Are You For Real

I am sitting at my desk looking out of the window, watching the traffic speed by. I work on a large boulevard with 5 traffic lanes. Two each way and one center turning lane. There are signs all over clearly stating that u-turns are prohibited. They are not written in words, they are picture signs. It is bad enough that we have demoted our expectations of drivers to question that they can read English. We now draw out our traffic information, like charades. Still, no one listens. I am surprised that in the nine years that I am sitting here, no one has driven their car into my lap. People make the illegal u-turn, on a blind curve at the height of traffic. Are they daredevils or just plain stupid. Once, I did not hire a girl because of her driving. At the end of the interview, I told her that she cannot make a left turn out of the parking lot, as it was not only dangerous, but also illegal. I said that I would be at the window watching her. She left and then proceeded to make the dangerous illegal left turn. I tore up her application.

No comments:

Post a Comment