About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Gang's All Here

Last night at 11pm my son and daughter-in-law pulled into my driveway. They are here for a 3 day visit. I was thrilled to see them. I set them up in my son's old room. Every time he visits he says that he feels like a giant in a tiny space. After many years we have concluded that the building standards in Massachusetts are different than in New York. Kitchen and bathroom counter tops are at a higher level where they live. Even a few inches makes a big difference. Bathroom light switches must be placed outside of the room, while I have them on the inside. Each time he visits he rummages through his old desk drawers hoping to find a treasure. Each time he finds something new that he takes home with him. This time it was a container of wheat pennies from the 1940's. I never cleaned out his drawers when he relocated so there are items in them that have been untouched since 2004. When they are here the family circle is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment