About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Say It Again

Am I just getting old? Last night I went to a wedding and it was a repeat of almost every wedding I have been to in the past few years. The music was blasting. It was at such a high decibel that my ears actually hurt. My sister is smart. She carries earplugs in her "wedding handbag" just in case the sound gets overwhelming. Last night she had them solidly stuffed in her ears. I do not know why the DJ had to crank up the volume so high. It certainly would have been heard at three levels lower. Towards the end of the evening, most people over 50 had filtered out of the main ballroom into a side room. The younger generation had no problems with the sound and even stood right in front of the speakers when they danced. The groom's family is in the hearing aid business. Maybe they were trying to drum up future business.

No comments:

Post a Comment