About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Skype-ing

Yesterday I spoke to my kids on Skype, for the first time. I have known about this service for many years, as I set it up in my office for therapy sessions. I never had any reason to use it at home. I downloaded it last week just to have it in place for the future, when I want to cyber visit with my new grandchild. I mentioned it to my daughter in law and asked if they had a camera in their laptop. She said she would check. Last night, my son called and asked me to turn on my Skype program. I did and there they were. In living color, at their kitchen table. At first it was weird talking to the screen but after a few minutes I did not even notice. I was just having such a good time talking to my son and daughter in law, face to face. It felt like a real visit. We talked for about a half hour. After the session ended, I sat there for a few more minutes. It felt like old times, talking to my son in his bedroom. Modern technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment