About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's! Happy Father's Day to all the Mom's, too. Yes, the Mom's. The other day, after I held my lecture, one of the participants came up to me to say goodbye.  She shook my hand and said "Have a Happy Father's Day". She then explained that she is a single mother and has raised her family alone for many years. She has been mom and dad, in good times and bad. She feels that today is her day, too. Most people enter parenthood with the expectations of doing it as a team. Unfortunately, the number of parents going it alone is higher than ever. Maybe society has relaxed its rules so much, that single parent families are slowly becoming the norm. I wish everyone a good day, whatever your plans are!

No comments:

Post a Comment