About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Family

Last night I was at a beautiful wedding. At the last minute the venue decided to have the ceremony outside. Just as the sun was setting, the ceremony began. The air was perfectly cool and you could hear the sound of the waterfall in the background. After the cocktail hour we went into the main room and waited for the bridal party to be announced. First came the parents of the groom. Next was the bride's mothers. Plural. Next came the bride's mother. Singular. Next came the bride's mother and father. Confused? So was I. I took out my wedding program and tried to match up the names and figure out who was who. I could not seem to do it. No one else could either. Then I thought about it. Did it really matter? However odd the number of people, they all loved the bride and were her parents. She was a beautiful, happy, educated woman, who was marrying a man she loved very much. Families came in all shapes and sizes. Love binds them together.



No comments:

Post a Comment