About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sweeeeet Potatoes

The other day, I was in the mood for chicken and went to my local take out restaurant to buy dinner. It is the type of restaurant that you order at the counter and take your tray to the table by yourself. I had just placed my order of roasted chicken, stuffing and mac and cheese, when a woman and her young daughter arrived on line behind me. They each ordered 1/4 roasted chicken. The girl behind the counter asked what 2 side dishes they wanted. They stood there looking at the choices and decided upon mashed potatoes and gravy and macaroni and cheese. A minute later, the fun began. Out from behind the kitchen door came a man carrying a tub of sweet potatoes. I guess they had run out a few minutes before and sent the man to get a refill. As soon as the mother saw the sweet potatoes, she started jumping up and down in joy. Actually jumping. Then her daughter joined in. Jumping. They both started to yell, "Sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes". It was as if they hit the lottery. They called to the girl that was filling their order. "Hey, wait! We want the sweet potatoes!" The girl changed the order, as we all stood there laughing. I never knew how much joy a potato could bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment