About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Little Sprout

It is the time of the year for planting gardens. In my neighborhood there are quite a few nurseries to choose from. We have the private ones that have their greenhouse in the back and we have the Home Depot kind that imports from various places. Years ago I had a vegetable garden that had 13 varieties of plants. We grew plentiful vegetables, too much for my family, so I had to give a lot away. One year I grew a zucchini so large that it was the size of a baseball bat. I have a picture of my older son swinging it over his shoulder. There is one fond memory that I will always remember.The last day of kindergarten, my younger son came home with a styrofoam cup and dirt. He said that he planted a sunflower seed in it and the teacher told him to water it daily and watch it grow. After a few weeks it got too big for the cup so we replanted it in my vegetable garden. We watched it grow and soon it was taller than him. Then it was taller than me. By September it had reached over 10 feet tall and the sunflower was 2 feet in diameter. It had grown into a giant. I took a picture of my son in front of it. Later that month it dropped all of its seed and we ate them. It is still one of my best memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment