About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hats Off

This morning, on Yahoo, I saw a picture of the British Royalty at an event. All of the women were wearing hats. Not the type that keep your head warm in the cold weather. The kind that are a fashion statement. I always thought that the hats that English people wear are almost outlandish. The three hats in the picture looked like 1) a Frisbee 2) a dessert plate with a few small cookies and 3) the flower arrangement I used to have on my dining room table, before it got too dusty and had to be thrown out. The other ladies at this event wore similar monstrosities. I began to think about what my circle of friends and I would look like in those type of hats. I couldn't bear the visual. I would never leave my house. I am glad that when America became independent from England, we also distanced ourselves from the hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment