About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Woodstock Generation

I have not been to a concert in years. The other night I attended one that was a musical review of the 1960's type of music. It was an offshoot of the play "Jersey Boys". When I arrived at the theater, I looked around and saw that the crowd was much older than I was. The predominant hair color was grey. There were people with walkers, oxygen tanks, aides and a few that still had bandaids on their arms from that mornings blood tests. I am not being cynical, only truthful. When the lights went down and the music started, the crowd turned into 20 year olds. They cheered and sang. At one point the musicians tossed a beach ball into the crowd and the audience threw it around as if they were playing beach volleyball. It was a packed house, filled with people having a wonderful time. I began to calculate their ages and soon realized that this was the "Woodstock Generation".  In 1969 these people would have been between 20 and 30 years old. That night, they were young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment