About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Kaleidoscope

When we were children, kaleidoscopes were popular toys. Tin tubes filled with mirrors, beads and colored papers. We were all mesmerized  at how the patterns changed by just turning the outer cylinder. I can still hear the noise as the colorful beads fell into place and reflected on the inner mirrors. Each pattern was unique and I remember thinking that the design I was looking at was the most beautiful ever, until I turned the dial and viewed the next one. I recently purchased a kaleidoscope, to use as a Life Coaching tool. It is a metaphor for life. In a kaleidoscope, the variables are always the same. The same beads, the same mirrors and the same colorful papers. By turning the dial we become in control of those variables and help to determine the outcome. The beauty and wonder of life is in our hands, we just need to know how to create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment