About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Cruisin

Every Friday night in the summer, men gather at the local train station parking lot and show off their cars. These are not ordinary cars. They are classic restored cars. There are muscle cars, vintage cars and even some cars that are modified beyond belief. Although most of the men are well over fifty, on Friday nights at the Bellmore Station, they are 20 again. Some of these senior citizens were wearing ponytails, leather vests and biker boots. They looked like "Fonzie" from Happy Days. I bet most of them took Lipitor that morning and a few of them had a heart stent. But tonight at the Bellmore station, they were all young. I have gone to these shows since my children were 10 years old but this time I had my car there. After many weeks of being in restoration, it had its debut. People stood around it looking at every inch of it. Each person said how beautiful it was. Some people stayed to talk for a while. It was a camaraderie of the car people. One thing I must say is that I saw no unhappy faces there.

No comments:

Post a Comment