About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Great Divide

For over twenty years I have been dining out with my Mah Jongg girls every few months. It is the most pleasant, easy dinner. I am using the word easy, specifically. It is meant to describe a group of people that feels comfortable with each other. There is an equal give and take of conversation. Each person is genuinely happy for the other person's accomplishments. Maybe that comes with having a long history with each other. Maybe it comes from each person having a pleasant temperament. Either way it is always a fun evening. We order good food and always leave room for dessert, even when there really is no room. Throughout the years I have an unspoken assigned job. I have been given the responsibility of equally dividing dessert. We order 2 desserts and need them to be divided into four equal parts. It used to be five when we had another group member. I size up the dessert and use my spatial relation skills to figure our how to make it equal. Not every dessert is an even shape. That is where my "great dividing skills" come in. I hope to hold this job for another twenty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment