About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Fig Tree

Nothing is sweeter than eating fruit from a tree that you have grown. Two years ago on the day of my son's engagement party, his future father-in-law planted a fig tree in my backyard. It wasn't really a tree. It was a leafless branch. He told me to water it daily and within five years it would bear fruit. For two years I looked at this twig and waited to see a change. Last month I saw leaves sprouting from it. I was so happy. Finally after two years of being nothing more than a piece of wood, there was a change. I never looked too closely at it after that. Last week I took a closer look and there they were. Tiny figs. A few of them. I was so happy that the tree was bearing fruit in only two years instead of five. I do not have a green thumb so my expectations of growing my own figs was rather low. In a few more weeks, I will be able to eat my favorite fruit fresh off of the tree. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment