About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, July 20, 2012

OK or Correct

Every week when I check out at the supermarket, the credit card machine asks if the total is OK. I press yes and then silently say "no, it is not OK. It is correct". It is not OK to pay $4.99 for milk or $2.39 for bread. I want to go back to the days when a bagel was 6 cents. I remember when I could get 2 slices of pizza and a small coke for 25 cents. Yes, you read it correctly. Each slice was a dime and the soda was a nickel. I would give up some of the comforts of modern life to bring back old fashioned prices. Even though you had a smaller paycheck, the ratio of commodities to paycheck was better. The only ray of hope in our lives are the dollar stores. But even there, you have to be careful. If you do not calculate the quantities by the dollars, you could be paying double for some things. I think the word finances needs to be updated. There is nothing fine about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment