About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Tale Of Two Dogs

This is a story about animal instinct and how humans and dogs have some things in common. I have lovely neighbors living on either side of me. Each one has a daughter and each daughter occasionally brings their dog over to have their parents "babysit". On the left side of the yard is Milo. A big black Lab with a mean temperament. When I walk Shelby, he bolts towards him, teeth bared, barking. Shelby frantically barks back and has a combatitive stance, even though he is only 17 pounds. On the right side is Fritzy, a German Shepard with a sweet easy temperament. She slowly walks over to the fence, silently and puts her nose near an opening. Shelby walks over calmly and meets her nose with his and both tails wag in delight. Shelby is the constant in the scenario. The other dogs set the tone. It is the same with humans. There is always one person that "barks" for no reason. I would rather live in a Fritzy world. It is a happier one.

No comments:

Post a Comment