About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Barely Visible

Last night I was watching television and a commercial came on that did not make sense. It was for an Indian company that lends you money. When they started to say, "Yes, the money is expensive", I knew the viewing audience was in trouble. I tried to read the small print and could not make a word out. That is what all disclaimers do. The provide the information but in such a small font that no human eye can read it, in the allotted time frame. Isn't there a standard of how small that information can be before it is rendered useless. The phone information is large, the price is large so we know there is a bigger font available. Why bother listing it at all. Just say, "There is a catch to this, so buyer beware". When I finally freeze framed the disclaimer, I calculated that the $1000 loan would accrue $89,000 in fees. Yes, the money is expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment