About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Check ID

For some reason, the credit card companies have changed the rules about signing the charge slip after you make a purchase. They feel that any amount under $25 does not require a signature. For purchases over $25, they need your signature. Most of the time no one ever looks at it to verify that it is yours, especially at the automated ones where you just sign the signature pad. I never sign the back of my credit card. If it is lost or stolen, I do not need anyone knowing my signature. Signing the card never made sense to me. It is like giving a thief a blueprint to your house, or the key to your door. Instead I write, "Check ID" where my signature should be. If someone is fraudulently using my card, they would not have the picture ID to back up the purchase. To me, that makes more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment