About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, February 1, 2013

The Journal

I will be teaching a course and lecturing starting next week. A lot of preparation has gone into these classes. I never take any task lightly. As part of the course, I will be asking the students to keep a journal. They can buy a blank notebook in a dollar store. I like the kind that looks like a bound book, because a journal is meant to be kept forever. I was explaining the journal to someone the other day and they asked why it needed to be in book form and not typed on the computer. Writing something by hand has a totally different sentiment than typing something on the computer. Handwritten pages are personal. I am sure that no one would want to receive a greeting card from a loved one and see their name typed at the bottom. We like to see it handwritten. A personal journal deserves nothing less. When you read back the entries, you know they came from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment