About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

What's The Prize?

After collecting loose change in a pink piggy bank, I decided to bring it into the real bank and cash it in for dollars. I went to a TD Bank near my house. They have a Penny Arcade there and you can dump the change into the slot and the machine will calculate the total. As you start the process, the machine asks you if you would like to play the "guessing game" and possibly win a prize. I chose to play. I had to guess the amount that I put in and if I was in $1.99 of the total, I win a prize. I guessed $22.15, a purely random number. I threw my change into the slot and after hearing it being tossed around for a few minutes, the ticket came out displaying the amount. I had $20.41 in change. I was within $1.99 of my guess. I won! I took the ticket to the teller and asked what the prize was. She said she needed to go in the back to see. After a few minutes she returned to the window with a sad look on her face. It seems that they never reordered prizes, but she did find some things to give me. She then put her "offerings" on the counter. There was one pencil, 2 bandaids and a folder. She asked if that was OK. I laughed at the poor looking items and told her that they were fine, as I never expected to leave the bank with anything but my dollar bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment