About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, February 22, 2013

The Who

Last night I attended my first rock concert. I am still recovering. The Who came to the coliseum on their Quadrophenia Tour and we got tickets. The arena was sold out. When I walked in and looked around, most of the audience was over 50 years old. Grey haired men and for some reason, lots of blond women. Of course we know the blond color covered their grey. The 2 main members of The Who are now 68 and 70 years old. I was never a big fan of the group but I know their most popular songs. The concert began and for one hour I had no idea of what they were playing. It was a lot of loud sounds being played to film clips from 1940 until today. I guess that was the Quadrophenia part. I had been up early yesterday, went to work, then went to Manhattan to lecture and finally raced to the Coliseum for the show. I was exhausted and since I did not know the songs, I was also a bit bored. I put my hands on my head and tried to doze off until the songs I knew were played. I might go down in history as the first person to nap at a Who concert. Then it happened....the old grey haired men sitting behind me started to smoke marijuana. The smoke went into my lungs and gave me a sensation of burning. I still have a burning feeling as I write this. Between the smoke, the loud noise and people that are over 60, jumping around, I am sure someone will be at their cardiologist this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment