About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Jumping the Gun

It is nice to share good news, but you need to verify it first. One of my friend's nieces is about to give birth any day now. My friend had been texting all day to see if the big event had happened. No one answered for hours. Finally, she received an answer. It read "The owner of this phone is at North Shore Hospital. Tell them to see John Smith, parking manager. She texted back her congratulations on the birth. Immediately my friend started to scream, "It's a boy and his name is John Smith" but I don't know why my nephew is calling him a parking manager. I guess he is trying to be funny. She proceeds to call quite a few family members to announce the good news. "John Smith was born!" About 15 minutes later her phone rang. A man who identified himself as "John Smith, the parking manager at the hospital" told her that he found someone's cell phone on the floor and asked if she was able to get in touch with the owner and tell him that it is being held at the garage office. She then had to call each person she had notified, to say she had jumped the gun and the baby has not arrived yet. Next time wait for a phone call and not a text message.

No comments:

Post a Comment