About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Birthday George and Abe

Today is President's Day. I am not off. It is business as usual. Years ago, we celebrated George Washington's birthday on February 22 and Abraham Lincoln's birthday on February 12. Someone decided to combine the two and make it a Monday Federal holiday. Someone else decided to add four more days and make it a week long vacation for teachers. None of these decisions affected me as I am not a state or federal employee. Then came Sandy, the great equalizer. She decided to have schools close for a week in November and no one could do anything about it. By doing that, most school districts no longer had enough teaching days to be off the entire week in February. If you already had plans, the districts told people to "do what they have to do" and use their personal days or lose pay. I feel bad for those people but let's put it in perspective. I work as hard as the next person and I do not get off 10 weeks in the summer, Christmas week, Easter week and up until this year President's week. So, enjoy your President's day, while I go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment