About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Bump in the Road

I was traveling into Manhattan via the Brooklyn Queens Expressway aka the BQE. It is a major road that links Long Island to Brooklyn and Queens through the Manhattan Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge. It has been many years since I have been on such a broken up bumpy road. There were continuous pot holes and bits of asphalt strewn about. I think I even saw a piece of wood inserted into a few pot holes. The road looked like it had been in disrepair for years. Then I began to think about a story I heard on the news last week. It seems that New York  City's Mayor Bloomberg wants to pass a law limiting consumption of sugary drinks to 16 ounces. He wants the 20 ounce size banned. Instead of wasting his time on soda, maybe he should take a ride on one of his highways and concentrate on a plan for it's repair. He really doesn't need to limit soda to 16 ounces. All he has to do is let people drink as much as they want and then make them drive on the BQE. Most of the drink will be regurgitated after the harrowing ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment