About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Signs of Spring

I went to my son's house the other day and as I walked up his front stoop I looked at his lawn and there it was. I saw a crocus. A beautiful deep purple flower bud emerging from the pale green lawn. The crocus is the first sign of Spring. It arrives even before the daffodils bloom. Not every lawn has them, so I do not know when the previous owners planted them or if it just appears from cross pollination. For some reason just seeing this thin purple stalk brought a smile to my face. I rang my son's bell and as I walked into the front foyer and saw him and my daughter in law,  I said, "Spring is here, the crocus has bloomed". They both looked at me as if I was speaking another language. "What is a crocus?", they asked. I explained what the flower meant and brought them outside to see it. They looked at the flower, then looked at each other and then turned to me. "We see that thing every year and thought it was just a weed, so we keep pulling it out". So much for Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment