About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, March 29, 2013

No Standards

I ate a late lunch yesterday, after coming home from Manhattan. Since I had a big meal at 3pm there was no way I could eat dinner. I decided to watch television and relax at 5pm. Usually, I do not turn on the television until at least 8 o'clock, but since I did everything that needed to be done, I changed my routine. I do not know what shows are on at 5pm, so I scrolled through the TV guide and saw "Family Guy". I think I had watched it once before and people seem to think it is funny.  I tuned in and was kind of shocked. Partially at the content of the show and partially at the time it is on. Five o'clock is a time when children watch television after doing their homework. They could be scrolling the channels just like I did, looking for Sponge Bob and come across Family Guy. In one scene alone, the words "bitch, rape and child molester" were used. I am not joking. Besides the words, the innuendo was shocking. Did the executives at TBS ever watch the show? If they did and they feel that 5pm is an appropriate time to show it, they need to be fired. The next thing I write this morning will be a letter to TBS. What are the odds that they will respond?

No comments:

Post a Comment