About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

What Really Matters

There are people that value things. There are people that value people. Ever since I know him, my husband has valued cars. He pampers them like they are children. He watches over them like a hawk. If it rains, his car is tucked into the garage, safe and sound. To me, a car is just a way to get around town. If it gets me from point A to point B, I  am happy. For the past few years my husband has been obsessed with owning a collectible 1986 Mercedes. He got his wish last year. He has systematically restored the car to its original specifications, even down to the engine sticker. I have only sat in it once. Last night, he decided to take it for a ride as the weather was clear. He expected to have a nice drive and bring his "baby" back safe and sound. Nature thought otherwise. A mile away from home, on the parkway, a small animal jumped out in front of him. He turned to avoid it and hit the median. He then lost control and crossed over three lanes to the right and landed in a gully. That is when the car went on fire. The police and fire engines came to the scene and made him step back. Walk away from his precious car. Since they did not know where the origin of the flames and it was a dangerous situation, they took their axes and crow bars to the car and opened it up like in surgery. It took 2 hours for the car to then be lifted out of the gully and taken to a salvage yard, awaiting the insurance company. Except for being sore and covered in soot, my husband is fine. The moral of the story, is that the only thing that is really valuable in life ... is your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment