About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

City Life

I have begun lecturing in Manhattan. The lectures are held on the upper west side and lower east side. I am not a city girl so commuting there was a big deal. I usually map quest three ways and chose the one I think is best. The first time I chose the wrong one. It took an hour and a half to go 30 miles in stop and go traffic. The only good part was that the parking was not as bad as I had anticipated. I had an hour to spare and walked a few blocks, looking at menus in the restaurant windows. The prices were outrageous. Eleven dollars for a BLT sandwich. That must have come from a very fancy pig. The libraries in Manhattan are packed, not a seat to be had. The children's sections have so many kids I could not even count. It is a different feeling being in the city. A different pace. The lectures are going well and I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment