About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Bad Planning

There is an old saying, "Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine". Working in the medical field, I see this weekly. Yesterday my regular receptionist was out sick and for the first time, I had no one to run the front desk. One of the doctors said she would help out and be my receptionist for the evening. At about six o'clock she called me. A patient had run out of his medications and needed a refill immediately. The doctor was not in the office and she cannot call it in. Didn't the patient realize that when he took his last pill and had an empty bottle that he would not have his medication for the next day? I always advise people to have an emergency bottle with at least a five day supply hidden away in case of emergency. At this point, there was nothing I could do but have the doctor paged. It would now be his problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment