About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Senior-isms

Senior citizens. God bless them. I am not talking about the 65 year old ones. I am talking about the over 75 crowd. They are a breed all to themselves. Most of them are a walking comedy sketch. They have lost the filter that younger people have. They say what they feel, no matter how inappropriate it is. The funny thing is that they don't care. They will talk, in a loud voice, about a person that is standing two feet away from them. When you try to "shhhsh" them, they say, "They can't hear me", in an equally loud voice. They make up far fetched stories, just to get a reaction. They don't hear well so either they ask you to repeat a sentence ten times or just fill in their own blanks.These things are embarrassing at the time, but funny in retrospect. When I discuss this with my friends, they have equally as funny stories. If we got together and wrote a book, it would be a best seller. Just to give a brief example, the other day, my mother was in a doctor's office. She was talking to another woman who was wearing a nice outfit. My mother asked where she got it. The woman said,"In the mall area". Another elderly man heard what he thought she said, and started yelling, "Who has malaria"? Enough said........

No comments:

Post a Comment