About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, September 25, 2015

The Road Less Traveled

I was on my way to work yesterday when my phone rang. My father was calling telling me that my mother was not feeling well. She had not been herself since taking the flu shot. Since he had to go to dialysis, he was afraid to leave her home alone in bed. He was going to cancel his dialysis appointment. That is not really an option. He sounded upset so I said I would come right down. I switched parkways and instead of heading north, I was now heading south. When I arrived, I assessed the situation. Nothing seemed really wrong. She was tired and he was scared. I sent him off to his appointment and took a strict tone with her. I got her up, fed, dressed and outside to sit on the porch to get fresh air. I gave her a pedicure and we gossiped like school girls. I made her a hot breakfast and lunch and prepared another hot lunch for my father when he arrived home. All in all it was a very pleasant day. The only down side was that I was supposed to be at work. This morning, on my day off, I am heading to work to do what needed to be done yesterday. No rest for the weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment