About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Worship

Today is Yom Kippur. It is a day of atonement. A day to look back on the year and evaluate. As the world changes, so does the way we worship. Rules have relaxed. We do things in a way that works best for us. That doesn't mean that we love G-d any less. My parents are in their 90's and things that used to be easy for them, no longer  are. They were not able to visit the cemetery this year. They forgot to buy yahrzeit candles. I wanted to take them to the cemetery to visit their families on the way home from New England but they were just too tired. When I spoke to them yesterday, they felt bad. This was the first year that they had not done things in the traditional way. I explained to them what my philosophy is. I believe that G-d hears your prayers no matter where you are. It is not the building you pray in that is important but the prayer itself. He does not love you less if you forgot to light a candle. He loves you because you think of the person who the candle was supposed to be lit for. Your temple is your body and it travels with you so that you can pray at any given moment. There should never be any guilt when your intentions are pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment