About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Positively Negative

Some people are just negative. They take any situation and put an unpleasant spin on it. One of my young receptionists has gotten a regular job and came in to hand back her office keys. She decided to bring her mother to show her the office and have her meet the people that she spent two years with. She introduced me to her mother and I said that it was an absolute pleasure working with her daughter. I went on to say that every time her daughter walked into the office she made us smile. Her mother was beaming with pride. Then she introduced her mother to my morning receptionist, a woman my age that makes it seem like she has authority, but has none. Immediately after she said hello, my morning receptionist turned to the young girl and informed her that she never finished putting away the charts before she left the previous day. I stood there flabbergasted. Why on earth would you feel the need to embarrass a girl in front of her mother? What was there to gain? The girl looked stunned. I jumped in and said that even if a chart was left out, the girl was still the best evening receptionist I ever had. I am still shaking my head remembering this. One of my friends has an expression that taking water out of your bucket doesn't add it to mine

No comments:

Post a Comment